Land of the free, home of the assholes

18:51 Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Ever had somebody get mad at you when you don't wish them "Merry Christmas"? Earth to Christians: NOT ALL OF US BELIEVE WHAT YOU DO!

This single-minded belief that many "Christians" have that the world needs to think the way that they do irritates me. This is the reason that in America, gay people do not have equal rights. This is why, in Africa, gay people are being killed and/or brutalized on a daily basis.

I don't understand this. I was raised Christian, then later saw sense and left, but I left with the understanding that Christianity was about loving one's neighbors, not oppressing them. It's frustrating to see good legislation blocked time and time again due to religious or political motivation. It's terrible that because of the high Evangelical population in my area, my would-be wife and I don't DARE hold hands like other couples do. If we do, we could get shot, beaten, or raped. Happily, the worst that has happened thus far is that we've been hit on and asked for a threesome (by a creepy old guy. Double gross!).


This is the holiday season. People of all religions need to man up and show a little more love and open-mindedness to everybody else. 

0 comments: