The best day of the month!

22:30 Posted In , , , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Today was a very good day. After spending most of last night baking sugar cookies and preparing the pie for dinner guests we had tonight, I spend this morning and the afternoon icing cookies and then baking. Dinner was fabulous. Company was fabulous.

The college I go to runs on a quarter-based system. We go ten to eleven weeks at a time, and we get all of December off of school. Thus, I haven't seen a single friend since before Thanksgiving. Tonight remedied that. I feel happy, well-socialized, and I love that I got to feed people (spaghetti and meat sauce, my special veggie dish that my wife loves above all foods, breadsticks, and salad).

Then I get home tonight, check my email and find that DON'T ASK DON'T TELL HAS BEEN REPEALED!!! I'm so excited to see this! I wish it had been repealed about 8 years ago when I still wanted to join the Navy. I didn't though, because I couldn't serve dishonestly like that. It would kill me.

This is a nice step forward though. I'm very pleased that it passed. :D It's about time our Congress actually did some good, though I have a feeling that's the last step forward we'll see out of the courts for a few years. Stupid tea baggers are taking over.

0 comments: